Developing Fine Motor Skills in children age 3 – 10 years
More teachers are referring parents to Occupational Therapists for handwriting and fine motor skills development. However, finding a therapist is not always easy and receiving support can feel daunting.
Writing, drawing, cutting, eating and dressing are things we do every day. Amongst other skills, they require the use of our smaller muscles in our hands which is called fine motor skills. For growing children, these skills can be complex to learn. It’s very important to support the development of these fine motor skills as it’s what improves a child’s participation, independence and confidence in their day to day lives.
My Online Therapist offers an online 12 week fine motor programme to support your child with individualized, fun and effective tools to boost these important skills. It is convenient as it’s in your own home and safe as it happens online. This investment will support your child as well as yourself in understanding and enabling opportunities for these vital skills to develop every day.
- Delivered online by an experienced pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Includes a screening and observation of your child’s overall development
- Goal orientated therapy plan and report
- 10 live video therapy sessions (30 min each, done weekly or as arranged)
- Continuous feedback and home programmes after each session
- Parent education on how to continue supporting these skills at home
- Final re-assessment session to determine progress
We are flexible and adaptive! We use materials that you have in your home so that you don’t have to spend more on resources.
Typical materials needed:
- Shaving foam
- Tongs or tweezers
- Flour and tray
Cost of online programme:
R3350 for 12 weeks OR R1117 per month for 3 months
Complete this form and we will get you started! https://forms.gle/KJY66VzX3Bru9sXg9