Building foundational skills and preparing children for school
Aimed for children 4-6 years old.
Why School Readiness?
The transition to “big” school is not always an easy one for both child or parent. We are often contacted by parents who are concerned about whether their children are ready for Grade R or Grade 1. Concerns usually arise when children have difficulty coping and adjusting to the classroom environment.
These concerns are commonly picked up when children:
- find drawing and writing challenging
- don’t enjoy playing outdoors and on equipment
- struggle to follow instructions and communicating their needs
- or have difficulties socialising or adapting emotionally
About the programme
My Online Therapist offers an online 12 week school readiness programme to support your child with individualized, fun and effective tools to boost child development. It is convenient as it’s in your own home and safe as it happens online. This investment will support your child as well as yourself in understanding and enabling opportunities for these vital skills to develop every day.
How it supports your child
Our school readiness programme addresses the foundational skills of development required for children to feel confident in the classroom, take part in activities and learn at ease. This programme develops and integrates the body and the brain.
The programme supports development in the following areas: emotional wellbeing, language and communication, motor coordination and muscle strength, sensory processing as well as basic concepts like numbers and shapes. It will be run by a therapist who will be matched with your child based on the primary concerns that you have about your child’s school readiness.
- Delivered online by an experienced pediatric Occupational Therapist/Speech Therapist/Pay Therapist in the comfort of your home
- Includes a screening and observation of your child’s overall development
- A goal orientated therapy plan to measure progress
- 10 live video therapy sessions (30 min each, done weekly or as arranged)
- Continuous feedback and home programmes after each session
- Parent education on how to continue supporting these skills at home
- Final re-screening session on programme completion
We are flexible and adaptive! We use materials that you have in your home so that you don’t have to spend more on resources.
Typical materials needed
- Toy cars
- Flour and a tray
- A torch
- Blanket and pillows
Cost of online programme
R3350 for 12 weeks OR R1117 per month for 3 months
Complete this form and we will get you started! https://forms.gle/KJY66VzX3Bru9sXg9