Counsellors aim to empower children to understand themselves better and work through difficult emotions.
Ages: 4 years – 18 years
We can provide online therapy for your child if they are experiencing:
- Difficulty adjusting to changes related to COVID-19: routine, wearing a mask, social distancing, etc.
- Overwhelming emotions related to COVID-19: isolation, loneliness, boredom, etc.
- Loss as a result of COVID-19: death of a loved one, loss of employment, etc.
- Overwhelming emotions that make it difficult to participate in daily activities: sadness, frustration, excitement, etc.
- Avoiding new and “stressful” situations: playing/talking to others, or new skills, games, or schoolwork.
- Acute trauma: abuse or being involved in an accident, house breaking, or hijacking.
- Changes in their environment: moving house/city, divorce, or death of someone they know.
Counsellors will assist in:
- Helping parents understand their child’s behaviour
- Addressing the emotional stressors in your/your child’s life
- Guiding and identifying options and strategies to address issues
Rates are charged on the duration of sessions. Prices range from at R200 – R300.
Financial assistance is available.